Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Storage vMotion Impact on Nutanix

In my previous post, I created a separate Nutanix container to house VMs that I choose to protect with SRM using the SRA for Nutanix. Since a container is a separate datastore, I had to use Storage vMotion to get the VMs from the existing container to the new one. I wasn't prepared for the impact his had on my Nutanix CVMs and SSDs.




The majority of the VMs being moved are on hosts A and B.














Since, regardless of container, all the data is sitting on the same disks anyway, it's too bad that this all has to be funneled back through CVMs again. I assumed with VAAI that this would happen quickly, but it doesn't seem that has been developed by Nutanix as of yet. My fingers are crossed that a future release of NOS will address this issue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment